Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sick

We are sick people living in a sick world. Literally.  We have germs, and I've had it up to here with them.  

I'm not one of those people who spends the entire winter longing for warm weather.  I enjoy the changing seasons, although I hate heat, and cannot imagine living someplace without snow.

But this year?  I'm that person.  Enough is enough!  Too much snow!  Too much cold!  Too many days stuck indoors!  Too many recirculating germs!  

I feel like I've been experiencing some form of illness or another since Christmas.  I know we're not alone.  It's like the entire state has been sharing lip balm.  Everyone is sick.  

We need open windows!  We need fresh air!  We need to get the sick out of our systems!  I've been spraying everything with Lysol, and I HATE the smell of Lysol.  

This week it's Vivi's turn to be ill.  I think she has the same stomach virus that I had three weeks ago.  Her symptoms are the same.  But three weeks later?  Could that be?  Come on! This bastard should have been out of our lives by now.  Take a hint, dude.  Nobody likes you.  

Thankfully, due to years spent in the germ factory that is daycare, Madeline seems to have the immune system of a lead box.  She hasn't been sick much this winter at all.  (Knock on wood!)  Although she has had to miss school a few times because her sister or mumma were too sick.  Poor girl.

Likewise, Eric very rarely gets sick.  I joke that he's the Typhoid Mary of the family.  I'm convinced that he brings all these germs home from work, but never shows any symptoms.  That stomach bug that took three weeks to work its way into Vivi?  It's probably been lounging in Eric playing video games and drinking beer for the past month.

Sigh...so I guess it's really just me who is sick all the time.  Dammit.  Maybe it's a lack of vitamin D.  This pale skin is good for nothing.  Maybe I should start bathing in Lysol.  Maybe I should stop wiping my children's noses and let them figure it out.  Maybe I should wear rubber gloves every time I go to the grocery store.  I swear that's where we pick up a lot of crap.  Stop breathing on everything,  you germ-y strangers.

Come on, spring! 


1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear that even the snow/cold lovers are tired of all this winter weather too!! I hope you all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete