Saturday, February 21, 2015

Scenes from Our Weekend

Nirvana comes on over the car radio as Eric and I drive to dinner early Friday evening.  

"I don't know how seventeen-year-old me would feel about this," Eric remarks.  "Listening to Nirvana while I drive a Subaru through the suburbs on Friday night, on a date with my wife. I think seventeen-year-old me would be unimpressed."  

By 10 pm we're both lying in bed.  I'm watching Scandal on my phone, and Eric is playing Game of War on his.  

......…......................................................

Listening to Madeline help Eric with some home improvement projects:  

"Be careful where you swing that hammer, Madeline."  

And then,

"No.  Stop. That's very dangerous."  

................................................................

Madeline throws a ball across the room for Vivi.

"Fetch!" She commands.

"Madeline, she's not a dog. She doesn't fetch," Eric tells her.  

Maddie watches Vivi chase the ball. "But look, she is fetching."  

"Madeline, stop trying to make fetch happen. It isn't going to happen."  



No comments:

Post a Comment