Sunday, January 25, 2015

Vivi in the Snow...And Angry

I love that my Facebook feed fills up with pictures of my friends' kids playing in the snow every time we get a decent amount.  Parenting can sometimes feel isolating, but it's such a shared experience.  At the very moment I was bundling my girls up to go sledding, thousands of other parents across Eastern Massachusetts were doing the same exact thing.  Whether it's fun in the snow, or fielding bedtime meltdowns, 
it's comforting to know that we're all in the same boat.  

Anyhow...before I get too carried away and start singing Kumbaya...

We got a good amount of snow over the weekend.  Madeline was thrilled.  When I broke the news that ballet was cancelled on Saturday morning, I was prepared for some frowns.  

Instead, she grinned and cried, "That means I get to go outside and play in the snow!"  

And when she says "play in the snow," she really means lie down face-first and eat the snow.  

She ate enough snow to make me think she might have a problem.  Seriously, Maddie Bear, stop eating the snow.

In the afternoon, we decided to bring Vivi outside and toss her in the white stuff for the first time.  

We put so many layers on the poor girl that she couldn't move.  At all.  She was not amused.  

We pulled the girls around the yard on their sled, but Vivi couldn't even sit due to the absurd amount of clothing she was wearing.  So she lay on her back, snow falling in her face, and gave us the Vivi glare of doom.  


We quickly rescued her from sledding hell.  Although I may have made her cry a few minutes later when I tried sliding her down a snow bank.  

 She was content to watch Madeline and our neighbors run around like snow beasts for a bit, but overall, she wasn't a fan.  

That's too bad, Vivi, cause we're about to get hit with a blizzard. Our local weathermen can't even contain their excitement.  Those sick bastards.

 I predict more snow-day pictures in our future.  


1 comment:

  1. Really love the first paragraph of this post, it's so so true. I wish I could stand the snow enough to go sledding. I'm not certain we even have any hills where I live or anything anyway haha. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete