Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015

We've started a tradition of going to the beach on New Year's Day.  There's no better way to celebrate a fresh start than by freezing our booties off in the sea air.  

Last year, Vivi wasn't quite two weeks old yet, and I had a breast infection.  I stayed in the car nursing the baby while Eric and Maddie braved the cold.  

This year, we bundled both girls up.  Maddie ran around collecting rocks.  Vivi pointed at the ocean mumbling, "Dat. Dat," and cuddled with Eric.  


2014 was a good, challenging year.  It started off a bit rocky as we adjusted to being a family of four.  But a year later, I feel confident parenting our girls.  

Last year was about survival.  This year, I want to take everything up a notch.  I want to spend more one-on-one time with Madeline.  I want to learn more recipes for Vivi. I want to read more.  I want to finish more projects.  I know these goals aren't very specific, but basically I want to make the most of my time with my girls before I go back to work in nine months.  

By the way...2015?  Really?  

We're living in the future.  

1 comment: