Friday, December 5, 2014

Vivi: Forty-Nine and Fifty Weeks

Vivi had her first bad cold this week.  She spent Tuesday sleeping on my chest all day long.  She was pretty sad.

We brought her into bed with us that night.  She nuzzled right up under my chin and twirled my hair as she slept.  It was really sweet.  I almost didn't mind the six inches of space that she left me to sleep in.

Luckily, two days later she was back to her normal rascally self.  

She's been kinda terrible to Madeline recently.  Every time I give big sister attention, she gets jealous.  If Maddie's sitting on my lap, she crawls over, whines, and tries to push her body between us.  If that doesn't work, she bangs her hand on Maddie's head.  

Yesterday, I was reading them both a story.  I had the girls on either side of me, but Vivi still found it necessary to crawl over to Madeline's side and push her out of the way.  

You better get used to it Miss Vivienne because I'm not going to stop cuddling my Maddie Bear any time soon.  

On the other hand, Vivi and Madeline are playing together more, and it's the cutest.  Yesterday they played hide and seek (Vivi "hid" behind a curtain) then they chased one another around the living room for half an hour.  The house was filled with squeals and giggles.  

Vivi makes a noise that we think is her attempt at saying Madeline.  It sounds like Ma-ine-ine-ine.  She repeats it a lot especially at lunch or dinner when she's sitting next to her sister.  Or maybe she's just saying she's hungry...

This morning this happened when Madeline woke up:

Awwww

A few weeks ago I was convinced that Vivi's eyes were just about brown.  Now they're bright blue again.  Can that happen?  

She's curious about everything.  She points to things around the room and asks, "Dah?"  And I list the names of everything until she's satisfied.  She likes to point to her head most of all.  She thinks that's funny.  I don't know why.   Babies...

She's still not walking, just thinking about it.  Madeline learned to walk about a week after her first birthday, and I feel that Vivi's working on the same timeline.  

She had some more poop episodes over the past two weeks.  They were the first in months.  I have no idea what happened.  It seems like her body just doesn't want to digest anything too solid.  

I keep a log of everything she eats along with rashes and BMs, etc.  When we see the allergist and nutritionist in a few weeks, I figure it might be useful.  

Anyhow, things are operating as they should be now.  I'm learning not to be too stressed over it.  For whatever reason, this is how her body works.  

In the meantime, our local bakery that made vegan treats went out of buisiness.  If anyone has a good recipe for dairy and egg free cupcakes, I'd be grateful.  This girl needs to have a birthday cupcake!






No comments:

Post a Comment