Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Under the Christmas Tree

December gets busy fast.  Last Saturday night, Eric and I realized we didn't have another free weekend until after the New Year.

"When are we going to get a tree???" I moaned.

So we spent Sunday finding a tree and decorating it.  Good man.  We'll see what happens if I bring up the lights...

Madeline was really excited about decorating the tree this year.  As we set up the stand then swept up the needles then unraveled the lights, she bounced giddily around the room.  

"Is it ready now?  Is it ready?"

She loved taking the ornaments out one by one.  She started hanging them on the tree by herself but got tired of that quickly.  Too much work.  Instead, she'd demand I hang it then rush back to the boxes to dig out the next treasure.  

Vivi was mildly confused by the whole process.  She pointed at the tree a few times, but mostly spent the time quietly observing from Eric's lap.

We were really worried that Vivi would find nightmarish ways of destroying the tree and herself in the process.  This is the child that is obsessed with our blinds and all electrical sockets after all. Yet, there was no need to worry.  She could care less about the tree.  She barely even glances at it.  

Madeline on the other hand?  I have to remind her not to tug on the tree or paw at the ornaments on an hourly basis.  She hasn't broken any yet, but I did catch her banging two together yesterday.  I'm sure it will happen eventually.  

And here's the people I love most (I even grew two of them myself!) under the tree:

Eric's always so fancy wearing his bow tie around the house.

Madeline posing with the ever faithful Olaf and our dog Bird.

Can you spy the Vivienne?

She's just diving into her box of diapers...

To make a mess of her wipes.  



P.S. Our house looks instantly 200 times better when there's holiday decorations up.  I might leave them till Valentine's Day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment