Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend

At Thanksgiving last year, I ate too much pumpkin cheesecake.  The next day, I had a non-stress test, and Vivi was climbing my uterine walls from all that second-hand sugar.  

This, year she did not get any cheesecake (darn dairy allergy), but that didn't stop her from crawling all over my parents' house.  Round and round in circles she went...under the table...down the hallway.  She slept very well that night.  

We had our first snow storm of the season on Thanksgiving eve.  Madeline was so excited.  She kept saying, "Elsa came!"  Thanks, Frozen.  

On Thanksgiving morning, the girls watched Eric shoveling from the front windows.  

As I was snapping pictures, Maddie leaned over, hugged her sister, and said, "I'm thankful for Vivi."  

Oh my goodness...heart explosion.  

Around 8 am, Maddie decided she was ready for turkey, and she went upstairs and got herself dressed.  

Maddie had a bad cold the rest of the weekend, so we were housebound.  I lost count of how many Christmas-themed cartoons we watched on Netflix. Has anyone else been subjected to The Swan Princess Christmas?  It's terrible.  Awful.  But Maddie Bear is obsessed.  

Meanwhile, Eric and I finally painted the dining room.  I wasn't sure about the color, even as it was going up.  But now?  I love it!  It's exactly what I wanted.  

On Saturday night, Eric and I realized that this would be our last weekend without plans till after the New Year. Yikes!  So we hustled on Sunday to get our tree set up.  

We're ready for Christmas!  We even got an Elf on the Shelf.  Who am I?


2 comments: