Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday Morning Messes with Mumma and Maddie Bear

I don't think there's anything lovelier than autumn in New England.  Fall is my favorite.

So, when I saw the directions for Fall Leaf Window Stickers at The Mess for Less, I thought this little project would be the perfect way to bring some of those brilliant fall colors indoors.  Plus, we already had all the materials on hand.  

I drew some leaf shapes on a sheet of contact paper.  The original tutorial offers a leaf printable to trace if you are more of a perfectionist than I am.  

I used some painter's tape to secure the contact paper to the table, and let Madeline go to town painting.  

She started off carefully staying in the lines, but Maddie likes to fill all the white space with color.  Before long, it looked like this:

We let the paint dry for a few hours, and then I cut out the leaf shapes.  After the shapes were cut, we removed the backing from the contact paper, and Madeline stuck them on our front windows.    

The sun shines through the paint in the late afternoon.   


Ta-da! The perfect fall craft. Madeline had fun, it took minimal effort on my part, she could get as messy as she wanted, and the end result still looks lovely.  I love the idea of removable window stickers in general.  The possibilities are endless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment