Sunday, September 14, 2014

Birthday Weekend

I've had "Let it Go" stuck in my head since we first saw Frozen last November.  That's right, it's been playing on a continuous loop in my brain for almost a year.  I blame Disney for my recent lapses in memory and my extreme irritability. It might even explain why I've started twitching.

But I love my kid, and that little nugget loves Frozen, so I put my sanity on the line to take her to see Frozen on Ice for her birthday.  



She got Anna and Elsa costumes as her birthday present, so she was allowed to pick one to wear to the show.  She likes Anna better, so I was surprised that she picked Elsa.  But let's face it...her costume is just too fancy to resist!  

My favorite part was watching a sea of miniature Elsa's walking the streets of Downtown Providence on the way to the arena.  Before the show even started, the place was plastered with glitter from so many costumes.  The floor of the ladies' room was positively sparkling with the stuff.  

The show was what you'd expect.  There was singing (on ice), dancing (on ice), and jazz hands (on ice!).  Madeline loved it!  

We had a busy weekend.  Before the big event, we celebrated Maddie's last day of being three, by letting her choose three things she wanted to do.  She picked a trip to the Disney Store, (where she got to use $10 of piggy bank money) Benson's Park, and the library.  

I'm glad she made three easy requests.  If she had chosen Disney World, we would have been in trouble...




No comments:

Post a Comment