Friday, April 4, 2014

Vivi: Fifteen Weeks

Before Vivi was born, I remember wondering how it could be possible to love another child as much as I love Madeline.  Now that Vivienne is a part of our lives, that seems so silly.  Even though she's so different than Maddie was as a baby.  Even though she's my second child.  My heart is hers as much as it is her sister's.

How could you not adore that face?!

We met with the GI doctor this week.  He poked her a bit, asked a bunch of questions, but wasn't alarmed.  We have a follow-up next month to keep an eye on her weight.  It seems like her medication is working though.  Fingers crossed that it keeps working!  

Vivi only poops once a week.  (Sorry if I'm embarrassing you, future Vivi.) Mondays are her poop days, and we can see it coming Sunday night as she starts squirming.  The rest of the week, there's nothing.  Of course, she makes up for it on her chosen day.  We're talking multiple outfit changes.  

In less graphic news, Vivi rolled over once this week.  She was lying on her mat while Maddie was at school.  I ran into the other room for a minute to grab a burp cloth, heard some grunting, and when I came back, she was on her belly looking very confused.

She hasn't repeated this trick, but she's really close.  Maybe I just need to leave the room more often.

Bedtime has been a challenge this week.  Even though they aren't in the same room, the girls feed off one another.  Maddie jealously causes a fuss from her room knowing that I'm rocking Vivi next door.  Then Vivi hears Maddie hooting and hollering, and it keeps her from falling asleep.  Then Vivi cries and keeps Maddie up.  Round and round we go.  Things haven't been settling down till around 10 pm.

On the bright side, Vivi had two eight-hour stretches of sleep this week.  Huzz-ahh!

She's starting to laugh more often.  She's ticklish on her chin and belly just like big sister.  If I nibble on her belly or chin, I can get a chuckle.  Sometimes I lift her up above my head, squeal, "Flying Vivienne!" then nibble her cheeks when I bring her back down to my face.  She likes that.

The weather is finally getting nice enough to emerge from our hole without twenty layers of clothing on.  Vivi doesn't seem sure what to do when I bring her outside.  She looks around nervously and whines when the sun gets in her face.  We keep warning Madeline that next spring Vivi will be chasing her around the yard.

Finally, Vivi is starting to interact with us and her surroundings more and more.  I can put her on a blanket with a bunch of toys for long periods of time.  She's amused by the bright colors and loud noises her sister makes.  Boy, does she love her big sister.

She's started trying to grab Madeline.  She really goes for her hair, and Maddie thinks it's funny to put her head on Vivi.  I warn her that one of these days Vivi is going to give it a good yank, but Maddie doesn't seem too concerned.  I'm just waiting...

I can't believe how fast the months are passing us by.  Nearly four months already?!  Such a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment