Monday, April 21, 2014

Visiting with Goats

Today I tried to convince Eric to move to the country to become a farmer with me. I argued that it could be a small farm with just one or two sheep and some chickens.  We'd live off the fat of the land (I've been teaching Of Mice and Men too long.) by making our own cheese and canning vegetables!  I could knit sweaters, and he could brew beer.  The kids would have dirt under their fingernails and milk the cow before breakfast.  

Eric, who claims he never even saw a cow in real life until he was in college, could not be convinced. 

 It's probably just as well because I'm wary of gardening in my own yard due to snakes and critters.  Plus, I get squeamish around raw chicken from the supermarket, so I suppose butchering one myself is out of the question.

But just look at how cute these lambs are!  I just wanna squeeze them...

We visited Drumlin Farm with the girls today.  The weather was glorious, and we wandered the farm and trails for hours.  

Madeline loved running over the hills and climbing on rocks.  She's become much braver around the big animals.  She was more afraid of the flies than these gigantic cows.  

If you live in the greater Boston area, a visit to Drumlin Farm is well worth it.  Maybe you'll be willing to raise some sheep with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment