Friday, December 13, 2013

Pregnancy Updates: 38 Weeks

How far along? 38

Total weight gain/loss: 30 lbs. and climbing by the minute.

Maternity Clothes:  My maternity shirts are barely covering this epic bump.  Time to come out, baby girl.   

Sleep: I've slept well this week except for one night of insomnia.  I was snoozing by 8:30 last night.  Glorious.   

Best Moments this Week: Getting the Christmas decorations up. There's going to be a baby under our tree this year!  Plus today is my last day of work until next September.  It feels really good to be done, so I can focus on home.  It also feels strange to be leaving for so long though...

Movement: She's pretty cramped in there, but she can still pack a punch. 

Food Cravings: No

Food Aversions: No

Gender: She's just a girl in the world...

Labor Signs: Still having contractions, and I'm still dilated. 

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Most of them have calmed down except for the giant belly.  The baby is so low in my pelvis that I fully expect her to simply fall out when I walk across the room.   

Belly Button In or Out? I don't even have one anymore.  Stretched to capacity... 

What I am Looking Forward to: Having a baby!  We're getting a big snowstorm this weekend.  I'm looking forward to snuggling with my loves and watching the snow fall.  But, I'm also keeping my fingers tightly crossed that I don't end up giving birth by the side of the road during a blizzard. 

Upcoming Appointments/ Events: I have an induction scheduled for the 20th!!!  If baby doesn't come on her own, she will be here a week from today!
 My doctor said it was prudent to get the baby out before 40 weeks due to my history. My cynical side says that they are trying to clear the schedule for Christmas. Still, it works for me. I don't want to spend the holidays in the hospital either!  

Current Food Comparison? A leek...hmmm. That doesn't sound right!

Meanwhile, I'm the size of...
I don't have any comparisons from last time.  I've never been 38 weeks pregnant before.  From here on out, this is all new territory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment