Friday, December 6, 2013

Pregnancy Updates: 37 Weeks

How far along? 37

Total weight gain/loss: 30 lbs.  Woof.

Maternity Clothes:  I just want to wear my over sized old-lady bathrobe everywhere.  

Sleep:  
I've spent a lot of time up in the middle of the night again this week.  Grumble...

Best Moments this Week: Baby was very kicky last night, and I could see her little arms, legs, and feet flailing all around like she was directing traffic on the tarmac.  I kept grabbing what I think was her foot, she'd pull away, and then kick me again.  It felt like we were playing a game.    
Movement: Again, see above.  She's a very active baby...much more active than Madeline was.  I also felt her get the hiccups this week.  I've read about women experiencing that, but I'd never felt it before.  It was so strange, but cool at the same time.  
Food Cravings: Not particularly... 

Food Aversions: But it's not like I'm passing on the food either.  

Gender:
Girl, look what you've done to me.  To me, and my whole world...

Labor Signs:  Oh my.  At my check-in on Tuesday, my doctor said I am 2-3 cm. dilated, and the non stress test showed more contractions.  I'm starting to really feel the contractions when I get them now, but they are still all over the place.  It's funny how different this experience is from last time.  I didn't feel a single contraction with Madeline until about 40 minutes after my water broke. I feel like this pregnancy is coming to a close soon, but again, I could be wrong.  The doctor said I could stay this way for weeks.  
Pregnancy Symptoms: This morning I had a crying fit because I walked into our bed frame which spiraled into more sobs over the fact that one of Eric's brake lights is out.  Hormones and lack of sleep, man.  


Belly Button In or Out? So odd looking.  It looks like some beast creature's nose.  
What I Miss: I've said this before, but seriously...tying my shoes.  

What I am Looking Forward to: Having a baby and getting in the Christmas spirit.

Upcoming Appointments/ Events: I have another non stress test this afternoon.  

Current Food Comparison? Swiss Chard, which is almost as bad as kale...time to come out, baby girl, before some hippie tries to make a smoothie or cupcakes out of you.   

Meanwhile, I'm the size of...
I wasn't kidding about the bathrobe.  


I don't have a picture of my belly from last time because Madeline was born 37 weeks on the nose.  So instead, I have a picture of me holding a freshly baked Maddie Bear. See it HERE!  

No comments:

Post a Comment