Friday, December 20, 2013

Final Pregnancy Update: 39 Weeks


How far along? 39 weeks, and if all is going according to plan, I am currently in the hospital being induced as this is being published.  

Total weight gain/loss: Just over 30, which is about the same amount I gained with Madeline even though I feel like I gained so much more when I was pregnant with her.  I was so huge and bloated last time.  This time I was still huge...but mostly due to the belly.  

Maternity Clothes:  I'll probably actually end up missing these clothes since I'm about to head into the awkward stage where NOTHING fits over my flabby stomach and gigantic chest.  

Sleep: I slept well this week!  Lots of naps.  

Best Moments this Week: Decorating Christmas cookies with Madeline and snuggling with her on the couch.    

Movement: Baby girl was quiet the last few days, which made me nervous.  I've been poking the poor girl a lot.  She's probably just like, "Ugh, you again!  Let me sleep, woman!"  

Food Cravings: No

Food Aversions: No

Gender: Baby Sister! 

Labor Signs: I'm honestly shocked I made it to 39 weeks.  Three weeks ago when I was having contractions a lot and found out I was 2-3 cm dilated, I thought for sure the end was nigh.  Every few days I have strong cramps and contractions, but they always end up going away.  I think baby girl knows it's cold out and just wants to cuddle up as long as possible.  

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Huge-ass belly, heartburn, and general uncomfortableness.   

Belly Button In or Out? Gone.  

What I am Looking Forward to: Having a baby tomorrow!  OMG!  I can't wait to meet her!  

Upcoming Appointments/ Events: They are inducing me tomorrow morning.  It's such a strange feeling to be induced.  It's like I have a dentist appointment scheduled except I get to take home a baby instead of a new toothbrush. On one hand, I feel a bit bad kicking baby girl out before she wants to come.  She must be happy in there.  On the other hand, it's a bit of a relief knowing when this will all go down.  It makes planning so much easier, especially while juggling a three-year-old Maddie Bear.

At the same time, because it's so planned, I'm more anxious.  Madeline's birth was such a surprise.  Once my adrenaline kicked in, I had no choice but to put on a smiley face and push out a baby.  It sounds nuts, but I was just so, so happy and excited that whole morning.  This time I've had more of a chance to think about everything that's about to happen, and it's a little nerve wracking.  I've heard great things about inductions, and I've heard the horror stories.  Everyone likes to share their birthing horror stories with people who are about to pop out a baby, don't they?    

Oh well.  Whatever will be will be.  I'm ready.  

Current Food Comparison? A watermelon.  That sounds just about right.  

Meanwhile, I'm the size of...
So long, belly bump.  I will miss you.  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Summer and Eric,

    I wish you the best of luck for an easy labor and delivery! I had 2 of my children with inductions and everything worked out fine for both! I know you can do it! Congratulations on your newest arrival!

    ReplyDelete