Monday, December 9, 2013

Fa La La La La

Tis the season to be fat and jolly.  If you're wondering why Rudolph is looking a little bloated beside Santa in the pictures below, it's because that's not Rudolph...it's a very pregnant me.  I'm so round and jolly at this point that I'm surprised little children didn't try to climb into my lap to tell me that they'd been good all year.

I got the house decorated for Christmas over the weekend.  I fa-la-la-la-laaed every corner of this place.  I set up our little Christmas village.  I put candles in the windows, hung snowflakes from the ceiling, draped stockings from the banister, and sung every carol I know...including "D*ck in a Box."  

Madeline came running over yesterday shouting, "I found Jesus!" with the Little People Baby Jesus in hand.  Praise be, my daughter has found the Lord.  Of course, she also pointed to our light-up Baby Jesus and said suspiciously, "Hey, that creepy thing is over there."  So maybe she won't be a nun.  

We decorated our tree.  Correction: I decorated the tree.  Madeline and Eric both got bored and gave up about ten minutes into the process.  Madeline is very impressed with the finished product though.  She runs downstairs to look at the ornaments every morning, curious to see if Santa has come yet.

And most importantly, we went to visit Santa.  We go see the same Santa every year at a local garden center.  It's a free event without the crowds of the mall.  Plus, he's a great Santa.  The real deal.  My parents and sister's family came too.

Madeline, as in years past, would not go near Santa on her own.  Therefore, we're on year three of a family photo with Santa.  She basically played Possum the whole time.  She froze herself against my chest with a half-smile, half gaze of terror on her face until it was over.  My niece was a little hesitant at first too, but she warmed up more than Maddie did and had a nice conversation with Santa.

I can't wait till Christmas morning this year!  Madeline is getting so excited about the whole thing.  We read our Christmas books each night, and she talks about Santa all the time.  It's so exciting having little kids around!











No comments:

Post a Comment