Friday, February 1, 2013

Around the Mighty Internets

I've been feeling pretty blarg off and on for about a month.  It's that time of the year I guess.  I even fell asleep on the couch and missed most of 30 Rock last night.  Liz Lemon has taught me two things: it's okay to eat pretzels in the bathroom, and to always avoid cheese stew before sexy time.  And I repay such valuable lessons by snoring, mouth agape, and rubbing my upset belly through her last episode.  Sigh...

On the upside, all my couch surfing has given me ample time to read the ENTIRE Internets.  At least it feels that way.  Ever find yourself clicking through the same five websites over and over again in case you missed something in the five minutes you were away checking out other websites?  It's the cyber equivalent of chasing one's tail.  It's a problem.  I can't even believe people trust me with the youth of America.

Lovin':  

Have you downloaded the app Vine yet?  It's like Instagram except with videos.  It's neat because some people have managed to make really cool, artsy videos.  I also enjoy the how-to videos.  On the other hand, I saw a video of someone throwing some fake Skittles-studded poop in their toilet.  So. Yeah.  There's that.

All I know is that this app promised to be a MAJOR time suck.

Fascinated By:

"Have We Met Before?  Doppelgangers Caught on Camera."

This photographer tracks down people who are not related, but look alike.  Some of these photographs are downright eerie.

Why do doppelgangers exist?  Where can I find mine?  I've been told all redheads look alike, but surely, there must be some who look more alike than others.

Giving the Raised Eyebrow To:  

"For 40 Years, This Russian Family was Cut Off from All Human Contact, Unaware of World War II"

I read a book about the history of Russia once, and it left me with the strong impression that Russia is a bat-ass-crazy place.  If there are any Russians here, I apologize for stereotyping you, but this article kinda confirms those beliefs.

It also left me wondering...are there hillbillies living isolated out in the hills of Montana somewhere speaking in strange cooing accents and sharing their dreams as entertainment?  I would put money on it.  We're almost as crazy as Russians appear to be.

Incredulous Over:

I saw this floating around Facebook this week: (I don't know where it originally came from, so I can't link to it.  If you know, please tell me.)
 
Ummmm.....what?
.
Heart Fluttering Over:  ***Spoiler Alert***

"Why Last Night's New Girl was Perfect"

Jess and Nick's kiss was H.O.T hot this week on New Girl.  I think I re-watched it three times on my own, and then made Eric watch it when he got home.  Then I watched it twice more in the linked article above.  I love this show and all its quirky characters, and I love how they've been building the tension between Nick and Jess so far this season.  I can't wait to see the next few episodes to see where this storyline will lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment