Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Summer and Eric's Rocking New Year's Eve

I used to be a fun person.  Then I started breeding, and the definition of the word "fun" changed.

New Year's 2007
Fun used to mean putting on my big girl pumps and going out to drink myself stupid surrounded by friends and a group of glitter-covered strangers on New Year's Eve.  Now fun means ordering take out at 6 pm, watching Pitch Perfect, and managing to keep our eyes pried open long enough to realize that Carson Daley is the new Dick Clark and you don't recognize a single thing on MTV...except Snookie's cleavage.

So someday, little Madeline, when you're embarrassed to be sitting couch-side with your two lame-o parents on New Year's Eve, just remember...this is your fault.

One of the perks of this new "fun" however, is that there's no nasty hangover to contend with.  Although Madeline stayed up till 10 pm and refused to nap today...so it's sorta the same thing.

Plus, I found a Pac-man shaped potato chip...so that was pretty awesome.

Meanwhile...

Goals and Resolutions for 2012 
(At least ones I am willing to share on the Internets cause God knows you don't need to know everything about me.)


  • Find a mail system that works in order to get more organized.  
  • Complete at least one big house project (Kitchen? Built-ins?)  
  • Take a vacation with my family
  • Print and display more of the pictures we take  
  • Potty train the Maddie Bear
  • Be not broke-ass poor 
  • Work out and stop eating potato chips....cause damn, girl.  









6 comments:

  1. Our night was similarly low key. I didn't even make it until 10:30! Also, I love that 2007 pic of you and Eric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I stayed up till midnight for Maddie's first New Year's Eve either, Kate. You new moms need all the sleep you can get!

      Delete
  2. Your parents made it to midnight by taking a NAP in the afternoon! Be thankful you are not THAT old.

    PS: consider putting the PacMan chip on EBay ...it could solve resolution #6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm...we also took an afternoon nap while Madeline was sleeping...so...we've got that going for us.

      I ate the chip! Darn!

      Delete
  3. Last winter, I found a chip with a hole right in the middle. I saved it until after the baby was born because I got crazy obsessed with the idea of it as a good luck charm. I ended up keeping it in the freezer because we had a wee bit of a mouse problem and I was terrified that they would eat it. You are not the first to have a magic chip!
    We fell asleep around 10 and woke up around 1am...c'est la vie! Happy new year regardless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you still have it?? I ate that bad boy right up. Didn't stand a chance.

      Delete