Sunday, January 13, 2013

Downton Dish Week 2

For this week's episode, I made crumpets with clotted cream.  They turned out awesome.  I also had some orange marmalade and jasmine tea on the side.  Nom.  Might have to start the Downton diet after this...

I was a little "meh" about this season's first episode.  Of course I was glad to see everyone back.  Lady Mary was a perfect combination of charming and raging bitch as always.  Branson was dreamy as always. (Except when he got roofied.  Um, what?)  Matthew was whining over Lavina to fuel his own ego...sigh...as always.

I asked Eric to watch it with me, and he didn't even make too many snarky comments.  I got the usual about Master Bates, but that's to be expected.  He did shout, "Damn, can't you afford to buy a jacket, you old bag?!" at Matthew's mother at one point when she was rushing to the carriage in her wrap.  But overall, it was pretty lackluster.

I did like the bit at the end about Bates and his cellmate.  Did he say that because he was trying to seem tough...or is he actually guilty?  I'd love it if he turned out to be a complete ass hat in disguise because he's always been such a white knight.

Any Downton fans in the States out there?  What did you think of the first episode?

6 comments:

  1. I am so sad about Downton! I will tell you why!
    My boyfriend and I watch it, and we were so so excited that it is back on... until we realized, apparently we've been watching the copies of British broadcast of it, and we've already seen this whole current season!
    So now we have to keep waiting.
    PS : Those crumpets look AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! You're ahead of the game that's all!

      Delete
  2. Even reading the word clotted cream makes me want to vomit. If you make British chocolate chip cookies and hot cocoa I'll be there with bells and whistles on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's delicious! It's fake clotted cream I think...it's basically whipped cream with cheese in it. It's very sweet.

      Delete
  3. I agree!! Loved Maggie Smith as always, but I was like WHAT?!??! with the scene where Branson gets drugged...that was a little out there. I hope Edith finally gets her love match though...girlfriend deserves a bit of time in the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie Smith is always great. I loved how she rescued Edith last night at the alter. God...poor Edith!!

      Delete