Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Oh, Sandy Baaaaybee

Someday...when high-yi-yi school is done.  Someday, somehow, our two worlds will be one.  Love has flown.  All alone, I sit.  I wonder...why-yi-yi, oh why...you left me?  Oh, Sandy.

Phew.  I really needed to get that out of my system.  Eric does not appreciate it when I belt out Grease medleys around the house...especially when he's trapped here.  Madeline doesn't mind my singing, but the reference is lost on her.

Exactly a year ago we were sitting around our house by candlelight thanks to the Blizzard that Ruined Halloween.  I must say, it's a little unnerving to be getting such wild weather two Octobers in a row.

What gives Mother Nature?  Hot flashes?  Confused by John Travolta's sexual orientation?  Angry that nobody seems to be taking Global Warming seriously?  Aggravated by Target's early Christmas cheer?  Yeah, me too.  Why don't you sit right down and eat a Snickers?  That always calms me down.

This year, thankfully, we did not lose power during the hurricane.  In fact, we got through Sandy with nothing worse than a few downed twigs and a chip in our siding.  Very lucky!  Our relatives in the New York area woke up to much bigger headaches today.  We're thinking of you guys!  

However, after nearly three days of being cooped up indoors, we are suffering from a slight case of cabin fever.  Madeline ran up and down the aisles of the grocery store this morning like we had taken her to Disney World.   The sun seems to be coming out though, (told you that Snickers would work) so hopefully we can get Madeline outdoors after her nap.

This is how we kept ourselves busy during the storm:

We played in our tee pee.

 I started working on a quilt made out of Madeline's old baby blankets:

 We made some homemade play-dough:
 And made a "man"?
 I drank my weight in coffee:
 We stared our our electronic devices:
 And we topped it off with breakfast at  a local diner this morning to celebrate the end of the storm:
I'm sure we'll be back to business as usual tomorrow, and hopefully Halloween will not be cancelled this year.  I'm looking forward to bringing my little lawn gnome trick-o-treating!







No comments:

Post a Comment