Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Maddie's First...

...Jack O' Lantern!

We didn't carve any pumpkins last year because the of the freak blizzard that ruined Halloween.  And two years ago around this time we were running on very little sleep, so sharp objects were out of the question.  Therefore, I was really excited to pass on the pumpkin-carving tradition to Madeline for the first time this year.  

Unfortunately, she was not as excited as I was.  She was pretty "meh" about the whole experience actually.  Fist, she slept through half of the pumpkin selection process.  When she did wake up, she was more interested in picking up rocks than in the pumpkin patch.

Not impressed.
She couldn't have cared less during the actual carving.  To humor me, she glanced in my general direction a few times, but mostly she just used the opportunity to steal my IPhone and take pictures of the ceiling fan in the kitchen.  About fifty of them...  The rest of the time she played Little People with Eric on the kitchen floor while I hacked away at our pumpkin.
So not impressed, she'd rather just lie on the kitchen floor...
Oh, well.  C'est la vie.  Maybe next year she'll be more interested.
"What you doin'?"  
On the up side, once Jack was finished, she liked him a lot.

As soon as she saw him, she did this funny face that I've been unsuccessfully trying to capture on film ever since.    She sorta wrinkles up her nose like she smells something bad, grins, and half-growls-half-coos at the pumpkin.  I don't know what possesses her to do that every time she looks at it...but it's pretty hilarious.

I ended up not carving our other two pumpkins.  I might tackle the other big one next weekend, and I think I'll just let Madeline paint the smaller one since I know the gal loves to paint.




No comments:

Post a Comment