Monday, October 22, 2012

DIY Silhouette

For our wedding, we used some wood slices purchased at Michael's as platforms for our table numbers.  Aren't they lovely?  
Jaclyn Schmitz Photography
 When the wedding was over, I wanted to find ways to use the left-over decorations around our house as much as possible.

Which, brings me to this little DIY....

 They were ridiculously easy to make, and didn't cost a blessed cent since I had everything I needed in the house already.

I sorted through the bajillion-and-one photographs I have in my computer, to find some profile shots.  I cropped the images to zoom in on just our heads, converted the images to black and white, and played with the contrast a bit to make sure the profiles really stood out.  Then I printed the images, cut them out, and lightly traced them onto the wood.  Finally, I used some left-over stenciling paint to fill the outlines in.

Ta-DA!  Personalized art for our walls!


1 comment:

  1. Nice job, they look just like each of you! And nice job on your stenciled walls in the office. Looks like wallpaper! : -)

    ReplyDelete