Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Glamourous Life of Me

It's funny how when your child gets sick, your mind automatically considers the worst possibilities.  

Here's what happened in our house this morning after I woke up to find Madeline gagging and retching in her crib:  

Calling to Eric from Madeline's room: "Omigod, Eric, I think Madeline has Rabies!!  She keeps gagging, and there's a weird scratch on her neck.  Maybe a bat bit her!"  

A loud sigh emerges from the bedroom where Eric is trying to get ready for work.  I ignore him and start checking under Madeline's bed for bats.  

Even though Madeline probably just ate too much cheese for dinner last night or something equally non-life threatening, I Googled the symptoms of Malaria.  It had to be Malaria.  Or Rabies.  Or Meningitis.    

After a few sad and lethargic hours, Madeline finally sat up and asked for some juice.  She took one sip, started crying, curled up in my lap....and vomited all. over. me.  It was just like old times, except now her stomach is larger than the size of a walnut and her diet consists of more than just breast milk.  Awesome.  

I guess she just needed to get it out of her system, because no sooner had I dabbed a towel across my lap did Madeline ask for a bagel.  I gave her half of one, she ate it, and asked for more.  Now she's back to her usual self.  A few moments ago, she whacked me with a drum stick and said, "Ouch, that hurts."  

Boy, it's a good thing Rabies and Malaria clear up so quickly...






1 comment:

  1. So happy Maddie better
    Early bed for all tonight
    Love Nana

    ReplyDelete