Monday, August 13, 2012

Our Little Wedding: The Overview

I've been suspiciously absent from the ole bloggy wog for the past week not because I was too busy stuffing my face with lobster, cheese and cupcakes to waddle to the computer...which I was...but also because I was busy getting married.

After over six years as a couple, a house, and a Maddie Bear, we finally decided to make a damn commitment already!  Watch yourselves, friends, that cool chill you just felt may, in fact, be hell freezing over.

There's a LOT to say about the past few days.  My plan this week is to provide more details and crafting instructions, but for now, let's reflect shall we?

We got married on the banks of Lake Champlain in Vermont.  We wanted to keep it simple, small and fun.

 On Friday night, we hosted a dinner cruise aboard The Spirit of Ethan Allen, which provides tours of Lake Champlain out of Burlington, VT.

Friday nights are their "Lobstah on the Lake" themed dinners, which strikes Eric as funny since there aren't any lobsters in Vermont, but I say, "Don't ask questions, hurry up and eat more lobstah before they realize their mistake!"

Unfortunately, it was raining, so our sunset cruise did not provide much of a sunset.  There was, however, lots of drinking and dancing so I don't think anyone minded.

Our wedding ceremony took place on Saturday morning as Shore Acres Inn in North Hero, VT.  The sun graced us with its presence for a few hours that morning, which was just long enough for us to get married out on the lawn beside the lake.

Here are a million and a half pictures to give you an idea of what took place:




After our reception, my parents had everyone back to their lakeside cabin for a cookout.  It rained a lot, but eventually it cleared up and we got to see some rainbows.  The food, drinks and good company distracted us from the bad weather, and I think everyone had a lot of fun.  Mission accomplished.

Best part?  I got to marry my best friend.  Second best part?  All my favorite people were there to see it.

3 comments: