Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Six!

No, I'm not Blossom's precocious, hat-wearing bff...altough I should sometime cause she was pretty rad.   I'm talking about Top Baby Blogs.

I'm pretty sure the only people who read this blog on a consistent basis are my parents.  They are, after all, among Madeline's biggest fan club.

The other day when Top Baby Blogs reset their numbers, my parents voted for our good ole bloggy wog over their morning cups of tea like they do every day.  Luckily, my parents wake up before the sun does.  This means, that for about an hour, before the rest of the world was awake, my blog was actually number six on Top Baby Blogs.

Not only was this probably the only time that my blog will ever make it to the first page, but six is also my lucky number.  So lucky, in fact, that I was born on the sixth, I was parked in parking space number six when I got the call for my first grownup job, Madeline was born in delivery room number six, and I purposely try to maneuver sixes into any flights I book.  I feel that seeing the number six is the universe's way of saying, "You must chill!  You crazy, neurotic redheaded beast, you must chill!"

My mom sent me an email that morning alerting me of the madness, but by the time I checked, I had resumed my usual spot in the low sixties.

But...my mom did take a picture before our blog turned  back into a pumpkin.

I'm basically famous.

I also love that the other pages my mom had open at 5 am were Tiffany & Co. and something about Julia Child.  That is sooooo my mother.

If you'd like to vote for the bloggy wog,  I wouldn't be opposed. Please click the brown box in the sidebar.  When you see the owls, click a second time.  You can vote once every 24 hours.  Thank you!

1 comment: