Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Little Squeaker

Madeline has been very particular about her footwear recently.  She likes to pick out her own shoes, and becomes very insistent about wearing them even if they are not the proper kicks for the occasion.  We usually don't care.  Want to wear silver sequin-studded sneakers to school even though they don't come close to matching your outfit, Madeline?  Sure, why not?

So when Madeline picked out gold, fancy dress shoes to play in the yard this weekend, I didn't blink.  When she started walking down the hallway and I remembered that these shoes squeak with every step she takes, I only blinked twice.

It wasn't until Madeline was running around the yard, squeaking like a maniac did it occur to me that it was 8 am and her shoes were probably waking up the entire neighborhood.  It's probably also important to note that Madeline no longer walks.  She only runs.  That's why our neighbors love us.



P.S.  If you listen closely, you can hear her asking for cheese, putting Elmo to bed, and declaring, "It's morning!" to wake him back up again.

3 comments:

  1. I want shoes that squeak. They would drive my dog crazyyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shoes turn my dogs into friendly child-loving beasts into barking, drooling direwolves. Can't we just be happy with light up shoes??

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Emily: the video freaked my dog out too!
    @Summer: OMG they really squeak! I thought you meant they were new or don't quite fit so they make a little squeak noise. These are full on made to torture people on purpose!

    ReplyDelete