Thursday, March 1, 2012

Snow Day

Madeline spiked a fever out of nowhere yesterday evening.  Usually there's a runny nose or bags around the eyes to let me know that the plague is a-coming.  But last night she went from her normal, happy Maddie Bear self to Mumma, I can't move in less than twenty minutes.

Sometimes when you most need a snow day, the Snow Gods hear your prayers and deliver a bounty of freezing precipitation.

This morning when I woke up to an even sicker Madeline and the news telling me I didn't have to go to work today, I did a happy dance in my heart.  I didn't really get up and do a happy dance because I was trapped in my cozy bed with a sick baby sprawled across me.  But, trust me, my heart was doing the Jitterbug.

Except for the freak blizzard that ruined Halloween, we've had a pretty mild winter in the beautiful Commonwealth of Massachusetts this year.  In fact, its' been so unusually warm recently that February vacation felt more like April vacation.  I was pretty sure we'd get through the school year without another snow day.

I'm so glad I was wrong because Madeline really needed a day to do nothing but sleep on Mumma while Mumma slept on the couch.  And that's all we did.

I didn't even get out of my pajamas today.  Yup, I'm pretty disgusting.

Madeline is still sick, so one of us (I vote Eric) will probably have to take a day off work tomorrow to stay home with her, but at least it's only one day of work missed instead of two.

Thank you almighty Snow Gods in your infinite wisdom.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment