Friday, February 17, 2012

When You've Got Troubles, You Can Always Go Downton

...Abbey that is.

Has the Downton Abbey fever caught on in your household yet?

Me too.  Let's be best friends and bad mouth Lady Mary behind her back.  That minx.  I adore her.

Seriously though, I've always had a weak spot for period pieces.  If it involves a corset, I'll watch it.  While other sixth grade girls were swooning over Leo and JTT,  I was swooning over Collin Firth playing Mr. Darcy.

Obviously, Downton Abbey and I were made for one another.  And while the second season has seriously crossed the line into soap opera territory, I'm still eagerly awaiting the Christmas special on Sunday.

To tide me over, I've been swooning over some Downton Abbey Internet gems.  Enjoy.

If only these were the words Eric whispered in my ear on Valentine's Day:

 

If only these were the words Carson whispered in my ear on Valentine's Day:  

(I actually think the Matthew one is my favorite, but it's pretty dirty.  Please click the link.  Please.  Just do it.)    

Meanwhile, from now on Eric and I will be answering to the names of Lord Felix, Duke of Ryme Inrinseca and Lady Lettice, Baroness Mumbles.    Thanks, Downton Abbey Name Generator  

While you're at it, Which Downton Abbey Character Are You??  (I'm Lady Violet.  Obviously it's because Maggie Smith and I bare a striking resemblance.  Also, how old is she?)  

Speaking of the Dowager Countess, don't you just love her fancy hats?  Now I can make my own thanks to Crooked House!  

And now it's just getting silly:  If You Liked It...

Ever since SNL took on Downton Abbey, I can't get through an episode without Eric declaring, "Nice car!  What's your other car?  A Bike??  It IS a bike!!!" every time Branson and Sybil have one of their "love" scenes in the garage.  

Finally, just remember....

2 comments:

  1. The Christmas special was really great, but yes, second series was total soap opera crap! But the kind of crap I enjoyed ;).

    We got the Xmas special on Christmas day in the UK...my husband hates Downton Abbey so I had to slot watching it at time he wasn't around ;) - it's on for TWO HOURS :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that SNL video! "Hot, Hotter, the other one...." I'm pretty hooked to the show as well! I still have to watch this week's episode though.

    Love,
    Lady Sybil
    a.k.a Lady Lettice, Duchess of Badger's Mount

    ReplyDelete