Thursday, February 2, 2012

72 Pictures of Me

When I saw the self-portrait challenge over at The Paper Mama, I thought it would be an interesting little project to take part in.  After all, I have lots of ridiculous pictures of myself on the ole bloggy wog, but there are only a handful of good pictures of me.  This would be an opportunity to present a cute picture of myself.  After all,  the whole point of the challenge is to boost confidence and self-esteem.

Seventy-two quick clicks on Photo Booth later, I had many self-portraits to choose from.  Problem?  I didn't like one single, stinkin' one of them.   So much for self-confidence?

I huffed and called Eric to the computer to choose a picture for me.  He laughed a little bit at my expense before selecting what I consider the worst of the bunch.  (Last photo, second row.)

"Are you serious?!"  I exclaimed.  "I look like a crazy person!"
"That's what you look like, you know," he shrugged.
"Like a psycho?!"
"Kinda, yeah.  Sometimes."  He laughed and left the room.

He was teasing.  I think???

Thanks...uh...a lot...Eric.

Epic self portrait fail:
That was last night.

Tonight, I sat down at my computer and told myself to stop being a ridiculous and shallow A-hole.  I told myself I would only take one picture and just go with it.  So, here it is.  It may not be perfect, but I'm cute in my own way.


Obsessing over…
Wedding plans!  Eric and I are planning on getting hitched this summer, and I spend way too many hours on Pinterest viewing all the lovely wedding photos.  If only I could have ten weddings....then I could use all of those wonderful ideas.   Also?  Downton Abbey.  
Working on…
Being more patient.  I've been a real snap dragon recently.  There's a crabby patty in the house, and her name rhymes with Bummer.   
Thinking about…
Wedding ideas.  I have a one-track mind.  
Anticipating…
So many things!  Tax refunds, my BFFs 30th birthday bash on Saturday, summer vacation.  I know, I know...it's only February.  Awesome.  But I have so many things I want to get done around the house, and I'd like to plant tomatoes, and I'd like to play the day away with Madeline, and we're getting married....come on, June!  
Listening to…
The Romeo and Juliet audio book on my IPod because I teach freshman English, and that's how I roll, bitches!  
Eating…
Well, I've been drinking about three cups of coffee a day because we got an awesome Keurig machine for Christmas. (Thanks, Pat and Eric!)  Did you ever see that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer sued a coffee shop and got unlimited lattes?  I'm walking around the house all hopped up on caffeine like Cosmo Kramer.  
Wishing…
Madeline could talk so she could tell me if she's getting another ear infection, or if it's just her teeth coming in, or if her tummy is bothering her.  I'm not the only crabby patty in the house, but at least she has an excuse.  Poor baby.   

7 comments:

  1. Tonight's picture is very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were a bunch of cute pics in there. I like tonight's a lot though. Married THIS summer, you're crazy! No wonder it's all you're thinking about! Let me know if you need any help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are crazy. We've close to getting a place and date locked in. I'll be in touch.

      Delete
  3. I love your last photo! You look great! And you husband has the same response mine would! I have been following your blog for a little bit and really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone necessarily lend a hand to make significantly articles I might state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I amazed with the research you made to make this actual publish extraordinary. Wonderful activity!
    Lib Technologies Skate Banana Original BTX Snowboard

    ReplyDelete