Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Photo Magic

People who manage to get decent photographs of their toddlers must have cameras made out of miracles because every time I try to get a photograph of Madeline recently this is what happens...

I get one cute, but blurry shot.


 Then Madeline sees the camera and gets wayyyy to close to the lens.

Then she gets mad at me for not letting her grab the camera out of my hands.
 Then she gets looks at me as if I've broken her heart.

Then she throws herself upon the sofa in a fit of crying just to reinforce her point that I am the worst mother in the world.  

 Then I coax her over for snuggling, and we take some self portraits so that she can see the baby on the camera.


Then I let her press the button while I hold the camera a few times so that we get brilliant shots like this:

Then she looses interest and starts smashing Cheerios into the carpet.   
Seriously, can we discuss what this child has done to my living room floor?  


 P.S.  This is what I wanted to get a picture of in the first place.   My parents got Madeline these adorable shirts from Baby Gap.  One has a Mumma Bear reading to Baby Bear.  The other has a Dada Bear playing blocks with Baby Bear.  Perfect for a family of bears such as ourselves....

P.P.S.  Those rascals over at Top Baby Blogs have reset their numbers.  Could you please take a moment to vote for us?  All you have to do is click the box to the right that says Top Baby Blogs on it.  Then click again to prove you really are trying to vote for us.  It only takes a wee second and is free and it makes me happy because I am shallow.  Thank you!  

2 comments:

  1. It must be a toddler thing...Cole always fusses when I try to take pictures too! PS I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has a living room that looks like a volcano of Cheerios erupted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheerios get everywhere! They're worse than beach sand and glitter!

      Delete