Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dining Room Painted at Long Last

We were supposed to paint the dining room back in October, but then the dreaded plague hit our house and lasted through Christmas.  This week, because we're on vacation obviously, the plague struck again. Luckily, it seems to have passed through quickly this time, so Eric and I got to paint today at long last.  

Before:  
 And After:




It looks so incredibly different.  After we got the first coat up, I had the feeling of Oh, God, what have we done...but it passed once we got the second coat up.  I really love it.

It also looks redder in the pictures than it does in real life.  It's truly a pumpkin-spice color.

We need to do a third coat tonight after the Maddie Bear is in bed.  Then we need to put down our new rug, (Rugs USA 75% off!  Wha-what?!)  hang curtains, find a new light fixture, and hang up our artwork.  It's gonna be rad.

That's right, I just said "rad."

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! The photo that shows the new color against the green kitchen is a bit whoa but I know that will be short lived!

    Yay for painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. That's the first thing Eric and I said too. I guess we'll be painting the kitchen sooner than expected....lime treen and orange do not mix.

      Delete
  2. Pop says great job of masking I knew it was going to take three coats!!!!
    Looks Great

    ReplyDelete