Friday, January 13, 2012

Around the Mighty Internet

It's the Friday before a long weekend!  Plus, we're getting our dining room table this weekend!  Double plus, Nana and Poppy are coming to visit!!  Hooray!

In the meantime, check out some of these links!

Check out these amazing photographs of sand under the microscope.  Amazing right?
(P.S.  I found these on another blog at some point during the week, but I can't find where even though I just spent like half an hour searching....so....I suck.  Sorry.)

Meanwhile, this woman makes a book a day.  Not reads...makes.  What an interesting project to take on. Some of her books are real pieces of art.

Slate Magazine has an interesting article on epidurals.  It sums up how I felt about epidurals.  After having two, I always think, "What's the big deal?" when I hear all the warning against them.  But what do I know??  And so the debate continues.

On a less controversial note, I saw this at Harper's Happenings and had to check it out.  Ever So Lovely is hosting The 2nd Ever So Lovely Valentine Exchange.  It's such a cool idea.  I really want to join...if I can get my act together and make some cards.

Last, but not least, here's a funny video about Iowa.  My step dad is from Iowa, so my parents emailed this to me earlier in the week.  It's in response to the negative publicity Iowa has been getting recently after University of Iowa Journalism Professor Stephen Bloom wrote an article criticizing the state.

I must say, it uses some salty language, so beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment