Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Spreading Christmas Cheer...

Our weekend kind of looked like Buddy the Elf came along and vomited holiday cheer all over the place.

Saturday afternoon we did some Christmas shopping.  Shopping for Madeline is so easy while she can't remember what presents we her.  Next year will be hard.

On Saturday night, we went and saw Zoo Lights at the Stone Zoo.  They decorate the entire zoo with thousands of Christmas lights.  It was beautiful.  
 Sooooo many lights that you can't even see us!!!

I LOVE Christmas lights.  A lot of people in our neighborhood have those golden deer lights in the yard.  Apparently that's the thing to do in these parts.  I like them because they remind me of Harry Potter's patronus.  (No, that is not a sexual innuendo.) I saw one on sale at the store, however, and I almost lost my mind.  I could buy a real Reindeer for that price.  Much to Eric's delight, there will be no glowing deer in our yard this year.    

In addition to the lights at the Zoo, there were a few nocturnal animals on display.   There were also rides and fried dough stands, and the world's creepiest animatronic Santa Claus.  His skin was slightly green and peeling off.  Horrifying.    

Madeline has very rarely, if ever, been outside in the dark for more than five minutes, so she was slightly   
 bewildered as to why we were standing out the cold with a thousand other people.  (Six pm means bubba and night-night, Mumma.  What were you thinking?)

 Yet, she handled everything very well.  She did not get cranky, and she did not freak out.  Madeline has developed a recent fear of all living things.  Surprisingly, except for the parrots, she didn't seem to mind any of the animals.
 If you live in the Boston area, go to Zoo Lights.  Kids under two are free, and it was six dollars for adults.  Santa is there too although we did not go to visit him....the creepy robotic Santa was more than enough for one night.

On Sunday, I took all the Christmas decorations out of storage, and I decked the halls.

Do you like my candy cane star?  I saw them on Pinterest and figured it was a good way to use up my three-year-old candy canes.   

I plan on cramming as much holiday spirit into the next three weeks as possible.  On Friday, we're going to bring Madeline to see Santa, which we may live to deeply regret.  And we'll also be picking up the Christmas tree next weekend!  Hizzah!  



No comments:

Post a Comment