Thursday, October 6, 2011

Feeling Fall-y

Eric insists that fall begins on the first of September, which marks meteorological fall. But since I do not let weathermen dictate my reality, I insist that fall still begins on September 21. (although I must admit that I appreciate my local meterologist's frizz factor chart which tells me how I should wear my hair for the day.). As it turns out, I am wrong because this year fall began on the 23. When did the seasons become so complicated?!

Either way, this post is long overdue because it is now October.

Fall is my favorite season. I love cool, crisp air. I love wearing sweaters and light jackets. I love how everything takes on a golden hue and the taste of apple cider.

Sadly, New England has decided to boycott fall by alternating between hot, humid days and bouts of pouring rain. Today and yesterday though? Gorgeous!

When I picked Madeline up from daycare today, I had the sudden urge to see some pumpkins. I took her to a local apple orchard and let her toddle amongst the rows upon rows of adorable orange gourds.

She loved it! She pet the pumpkins, waved at everyone, laughed at the kids running past, and blew kisses to the goats and chickens. She enjoyed looking at the pumpkins so much that she cried every time we walked away from them.

Together, we picked out three baby-sized pumpkins. She held the littlest one in her lap the whole car ride home.

I do not have any pictures because I did not have my camera, and my phone is as old as Noah. There is an incredible picture in existence, but it is trapped in my dumb phone. In memory of Steve Jobs, it might be time to update.

Other things on my to-do list this autumn:
Drink apple cider on the porch
Buy a big pumpkin
Carve big pumpkin
Go apple picking
Paint the dining room
Go leaf peeping
Build an ottoman

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you found my blog! Madeline is absolutely adorable.. and it's so cool that her and Ryan are birthday buddies. I also LOVE fall and I took Ryan apple picking and to see the farm animals for the first time just 2 days ago. They are at the perfect age right now!

    ReplyDelete