Tuesday, August 30, 2011

50 Weeks

Finally, several weeks late, I present...

A bunny picture.


Her second to last bunny picture because...she's only got two weeks left until she's a one-year old!  OMG how did THAT happen????  Crazy bananas.

(P.S. Family and friends.  She's having a birthday party on the 17th.  Invites went in the mail this morning.  I know it's short notice, but I fail at life.  We'd be so happy if you came.)

Maddie is starting to adjust to her new home.  She hasn't been as cranky and irritable the past two days as she was the past two weeks.  She played happily with her toys for a solid two hours this afternoon. She didn't whine.  She didn't come crawling over to desperately cling to me every few minutes.  She was content watching her red ball roll across our uneven floors and chasing after it.

I went back to work this week, so she's at daycare full time again.  I think those hours playing with other babies and getting a break from Mumma and Dada breathing down her neck every minute of the day help her chill out.  Life is settling back into a routine.  And the Maddie Bear needs her routine.

In other news, Madeline has learned to make the meanest facial expression ever.  She full on glares at us.  Eyebrows knit, bottom lip out, rage in her eyes....glares.  This is the stuff Toddlers in Tiaras is made of folks.

I tried to get a picture of it, but every time she saw the camera, she made this face instead...
Don't let the seemingly innocent baby fool you.  Gal can pierce glass with those eyes.  

The death glare continued all through dinner tonight.  I don't know if she was trying to tell me she didn't like her mashed potatoes, or if she genuinely wants me dead.  Time will tell.

In actuality, I suspect she makes the face so often because her father eggs her on.

Madeline also got two new teeth over the weekend.  She's got a whole little row of chompers on the top of her mouth.

The better to bite me with.  Seriously, she crawled over and chomped on my toe the other night.  Maybe I should start taking her death glare more seriously.




No comments:

Post a Comment