Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Anniversary!

I just realized that today is my blogaversary!  My first post was on April 6, 2010.

Although, to be honest, this isn't my first blog.  I started my first "secret" blog after we lost Ellis Jane.  It was a really good outlet for me, and I met a lot of people going through the same thing as I was.  But eventually, I felt like I needed to move on.  There were only so many ways to say, "I lost my baby.  It sucks.  I'm sad."  It was no longer helpful or healthy for me.  So, I saved my old blog posts for my own memories, and deleted my first blog.  

I started this blog to keep family and friends updated on my pregnancy.  Now, Madeline is almost seven months old, and she already has a digital footprint.  I often wonder how long I'll keep this up.  Will I make Madeline hold that pink bunny when she graduates from high school?  Will I eventually get bored with blogging and just let it slip away?  Will my blog turn into something other than a "mommy blog" as Maddie grows older and our lives change?

At any rate, Our Little Baby has become a really fun hobby of mine.  It gives me a creative outlet and a place to vent.  It's connected me with other people.  Best of all?  I now have a priceless record of Madeline's life.  

Oh, Bloggy-Blog, where would I be without you?


And where would I be without you, sweet baby girl, wonder of wonders, love of my life?

2 comments:

  1. I vote for the pink bunny at Maddie's high school graduation!
    Lovely photo of Eric & Madeline...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogaversary! The Madster looks ENTRALLED with Dr. Seuss.

    ReplyDelete