Tuesday, April 26, 2011

32 Weeks

Anyone else getting kinda tired of bunnies??  Cause I am!  Today is the third bunny post in a row...


Madeline's curiosity knows no bounds.  She wants everything and anything she can get her hands on these days.  She's becoming quite a handful.  I'm almost glad she's not very mobile yet because once she starts moving, oh boy, my days are numbered.

I can see the gears in her head turning all the time.  When she's deep in thought, her eyes get very wide and she sucks in her bottom lip.  Sorta like this:


She watches our mouths closely so that she can try to mimic the sounds.  She'll watch us tap our hands on the table and then try to do the same.  She's soaking it all up.  

Feeding her is becoming an epic process because she gets distracted by everything around her.  Yes, Maddie, that's the brick wall; you can't eat it.  Yes, Maddie, that's Mumma's arm; you can't eat it.  Yes, Maddie, that's a tissue; you can't eat it.  Yes, Maddie, that's your high chair; you can't eat it.  Try some bananas instead!

Her favorite thing to grab is us.  It's cute, until she gets a good chunk of flesh.  She's got quite a pinch!

She's also become a bit obsessed with her own ears.  She tugs on them constantly.  I've heard this might be a teething thing, but it could also just be that she has colossally large ears and just can't help herself.  Either way, I'm glad she didn't have this skill when she had her stitches.  That would have been a disaster!

All this grabbing and curiosity means she's becoming more self sufficient.  She'll play quite happily with her toys by herself for longer periods of time now.  It's so funny watching her play and babble like a big girl.  Sometimes she even seems to sing to herself.  "Lah, la, la."  

Her eyes are still changing color.  They are still mostly blue, and I'm hoping they stay that way.  However, I've heard three different people this week say, "Oh, her eyes are so dark! They're almost brown!" and "Her eyes are still blue!" and "Oh, her eyes are so green!"  All three of these comments are correct.  Depending on the time of day, the light, and what she's wearing, her eyes look completely different.  Does that mean they're hazel?  We'll see.

Mostly, she's just so, so sweet.  She loves to cuddle.  She gives me kisses and squeals when I kiss her chubba cheeks.  She lays her head down on my shoulder and sighs while I rub her back.

Eric and I are pretty certain that we are the parents to the cutest baby on the planet.

2 comments: