Tuesday, April 12, 2011

30 Weeks

The Big 3-0!  Wowza!

(Speaking of which, I'll be hitting my own big 3-0 in less than a month.  Eeepp!)

Madeline in one word? ADORABLE!  She's so damn cute it makes my insides jiggle like a bowl full of jelly, and it's not because I just did, in fact, eat a bowl full of jelly.

She's learned to string her "Duh" sounds together to make "Da-Da."  She doesn't understand what she's saying yet, but it's still soooooo adorable!  She says it constantly.  When she wakes up in the mornings, all I can hear is "Da-da, Da-da, Da-da," through the baby monitor.   The only thing that could possibly be cuter would be if she were saying, "Mumma, Mumma, Mumma," instead.


Another heart-melting skill she's picked up is giving me kisses.  No joke, my daughter gives me kisses.  I spend a lot of time munching on Madeline's cheeks.  They're so chubby.   Plus, it usually makes her giggle, which is probably the best sound in the world.  You really can't blame me for trying to eat her up on a regular basis.  A-dor-a-ble!

I do it so often that Madeline has learned how to return the favor.  Now, whenever I kiss her cheek, she opens her mouth as wide as it will go and starts sucking on mine.   Sometimes I don't even have to kiss her first; she just does it on her own.  I'll pick her up to be greeted by a big, watery baby kiss.  It's so adorable that I don't even mind the bucket of drool that I have to wipe off my face when she's done.  

We've started sitting her up in her whale tub instead of using the recliner now that she can sit so well on her own. She likes it because she can splash around and play.  I like it because it makes it easier to wash behind her ears.  Last night I had several bath toys floating around in the tub to distract amuse her while I scrubbed sweet potato out of her crevices.  Madeline wanted to play with all the toys at once.  She kept scooping them up to her chest and burying her face in the water so she could chew on all of them at the same time.  She looked like a greedy, old millionaire hoarding his/her piles of gold. So adorable.
The bath toys are mine!  All mine!  Bwahahaha! 
As if you need further proof that my baby is adorable, Madeline was quite the cuddle-bug today.  Eric stayed home with her from work to meet the early intervention people.  (Nothing new to report there.  They just did paperwork.)   Eric said that Madeline would not let Eric put her down all day long.  I think she was just so excited to have some Daddy time that she wanted to cuddle.

 When I got home from work, I tried to get her to take a much-needed nap.  Madeline was having nothing to do with lying flat.  I picked her up to rock her, she nestled her head into my shoulder and fell asleep on me in about two seconds flat.  I was trapped under the baby all the way through Oprah.  I've got the life.

Are you jelly-filled now too? Because, if you're not, you might want to get that checked out.  Your heart may be made of stone.

Learning to feed oneself is messy!



  

3 comments:

  1. I am TOTALLY jelly inside...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha she is going to LOVE those pictures when she's about 15

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie wears her food very well. She has her own fashion statement.
    Love Nana and Poppy

    ReplyDelete