Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WWZMD??


For those of you unfamiliar with Blogger, there is a feature called "Stats" which gives you statistics about who views your blog.  The greatest number of hits on my blog comes from people's random Google searches.   The best part?  Blogger lets you know what search words lead to your blog.  I always get a good laugh from this information.  

Here are some of my favorite search-words-that-lead-to-my-blog so far:

"Fudgie the Whale" - If you put my pregnancy photographs side by side with pictures of Fudgie the Whale, you'd have a hard time picking out the real me.  If you put pictures of me from this morning next to pictures of Fudge The Whale, you'd have a hard time picking out the real me.  (Hint: I'm the one with the red hair.)

"Chewy baby" - Surely there are better ways of getting enough protein in one's diet than eating chewy babies!  I assume my blog came up because of this post in which I wanted to see what my baby would look like if Chewbacca were the father.  I'm such a nerd.

"Afraid baby will have big ears"-  Apparently this is a big worry for a lot of people in the universe. Poor Madeline has been cursed with Mumma's large ears.  It's okay if your baby will have big ears, she will still be cute.  My baby is living proof.

" Throw up in mouth while pregnant" - Boy do I miss the days when throwing up in my mouth was a daily occurrence.  Much to Eric's chagrin, I still make an announcement every time I throw up in my mouth.  Woo-hoo! I did it!

" Baby looks like a pig in sonogram picture" Excuse me?!  My baby does not look like a pig in any of her sonogram pictures!  Is Google passing judgment on my child?  Unless the Internet is trying to tell me that my baby is ugly, I have no idea why this led to my blog.  


 "What Would Zack Morris Do?"  Bwahahaha.  This one made me laugh.  At first I thought someone might legitimately be looking to Zack Morris for life lessons, but when I Googled this myself, I found out that it's a whole thing.  There are Facebook pages dedicated to it.  Awesome.   P.S. My obsession for all things Saved By The Bell has taken a turn for the worse lately after reading Behind The Bell, by Dustin Diamond and "Being Zack Morris," an essay from Chuck Klosterman's Book Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto.   I still Hate You, Zack Morris! You too, Kelly Kapowski!

"African American life-sized dummy- mannequin" - Uhhhhhh what?  I don't know why this brought someone to my blog.     

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! This made me laugh. It's so true. I get some really weird and wonderful Google searches that lead people to my blog on here.

    New follower to your blog :)! Hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good I'm not the only one that searches the internet for "African American life-sized dummy- mannequin"

    =)

    ReplyDelete