Tuesday, February 15, 2011

22 Weeks


Love Bugs!

This is a cruel time of year.  Yesterday, it hit 50 degrees.  Today, we were hovering near zero again.  By Friday? 60 degrees!  This weekend?  Freezing!

It's just enough to make me long for spring.  Yet, not enough to make me forget that it's only the middle of February.  We still have a long way to go till I can start dressing Madeline in sweet little sundresses.  

Madeline did look darn cute in her Valentine's Day dress yesterday, however.  She was also nice enough to go to sleep promptly at six last night so Eric and I could celebrate together.  Celebrating Cupid's birthday these days consists of take-out Chinese, a bottle of wine, a lit Yankee Candle, and a baby monitor.  I wore my "sexy" over-sized pink bathrobe and was sleeping on the couch, mouth agape, by 9:30.  Just call us Brad and Angelina.  

This afternoon, I spent a good chunk of time watching Madeline on her play mat.  She can scoot herself around in circles to reach the toys she wants.  She ended up in a completely different place than she started.  

She still has not rolled over, but The. Suspense. Is. Killing. Me!   So, so close!

"Watch me rooollllll....." 
In fact, she sorta kinda rolled over today.  She flipped onto her tummy just long enough to grab the rattle she wanted before promptly returning to her back.  Technically, she flipped over...but since it only lasted for about two seconds, I'm not sure it counts.  If she does it again?  I'm calling it a success!

She's been continuing to eat solids.  She loves her bananas!  Avocados...not so much.  None of Mumma's famous guacamole dip for her!  

Her ear looks great!  You'd barely know that she even had stitches.   Meanwhile, my face has healed, and the bad scars are all under my hair where no one can see them.  Once again, my burlap sac hair has come to the rescue!  (Seriously, a sewing machine fell on my head when I was two so my hair has been rescuing me for years.  Although it's ruined my dreams of having a beautiful shaved head.) P.S. Eric is bringing Dizzy to the shelter tomorrow.  Sad, sad day.

Everyone just loves Madeline to pieces!  I can't stress enough what a happy baby she is.  Obviously she has her fussy moments...who doesn't?  The gal can throw quite a mini temper tantrum when she gets frustrated.  But, overall, she's very pleasant.  She makes me so proud to be her Momma Bear.

2 comments:

  1. are there any teeth peeking through yet? she is a drooling machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She might be! Her gums are very, very bumpy too.

    ReplyDelete