Friday, January 14, 2011

My Baby is Amazing

Maddie Bear was a sad bear this afternoon.  It's extra sad when Madeline cries lately because she's grown honest-to-goodness tears.  (Newborns don't have tears...one of the most surprising facts I learned about babies.)  For months now, her eyes have been getting wet when she cried, but no real tears.  This afternoon? Tears were rolling down her cheeks.  Heartbreaking!

Then an amazing thing happened.  All Madeline seemed to want or need was some cuddling from her Mumma.

Madeline's always been a cuddle bug, but it's never really mattered much to her who's cuddling her as long as someone is cuddling her.  In fact, when she was experiencing colic, I was briefly convinced that she hated me because she seemed to cry the longest and loudest for me.

Tonight, I felt for the first time that she specifically wanted me.  So I walked her around the house and let her nuzzle her head into my shoulder as she sniffled miserably to herself.  Then she let me rock her in the rocking chair as she started to drift to sleep in my arms.  

She's so warm and cuddly and willing to be loved.  It makes my heart all smooshy and melt-y inside.

She was so sleepy that we put her down to bed early, and she's snoozing away as I type this.  Hopefully she gets a good night's sleep and is back to her normal self in the morning.

Awww, I heart her.  She's the most amazing baby ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment