Saturday, January 1, 2011

Madeline's First...

Cold!  

Boo-hiss, Maddie Bear has her first cold...and she hasn't even started daycare yet.

Her poor little eyes are all red and watery, her nose is running, and she's drooling like a queen beast.  In short, she's a hot mess.

I had a small cold for a few days that had been slowly brewing for weeks, so I think I've passed it on.

Luckily, she's still been quite pleasant today in spite of the streams of tears running down her face and snot dribbling down her chin.  What a trooper!  She doesn't have a fever or anything either.

We could tell she was uncomfortable this evening though.  She was crying, but softly, as if she was just too plain worn out to really put her heart into it.  Poor baby.

Everyone always talks about how tough it is to see your child sick, and I'm getting my first taste of it.  I can't imagine what it will be like when she gets her first really, really bad case of the sicks.  I just wish I could teach her to blow her nose so she could feel more comfortable.  Hopefully, she gets a good night's sleep tonight so that she's in tip-top shape for her first day of "school" on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Maddie we are so sorry that you have a cold!!! Love and hugs from Nana and Poppy. Feel
    better soon.
    Love Nana and Poppy

    ReplyDelete