Monday, January 3, 2011

Madeline Goes to School (And So Does Mumma)

Today was my first day back to work, and therefore, Madeline's first day at daycare.

This is what her family communication form said at the end of the day:

"A super day for Madeline today!  She was so sweet and snugly!  She was always smiling and curious about everything around her!  Happy to have her with us!! :)"

When I walked in to pick her up, she was lying in her crib fussing a little while they made her a new bottle.  As soon as she saw me, she started smiling and laughing.  I was very excited that she was happy to see me.  

I guess she was really interested in a toy fastened to the side of her crib.  She spun herself around and flipped onto her side so she could see it better, and they said she was even kicking at it and laughing.

What a  fantastic kid I've got.

Meanwhile, I feel like I never left work.  Nothing there ever changes, and most of the kids even remembered me.

It was sad leaving her this morning, but I'm happy to get back into a routine.  Next up on my routine?  Early to bed!!

4 comments:

  1. I think that you will all be in bed early tonight! YAY for Maddie for having such a great 1st day of "school", and YAY for Mum & Dad for pulling it all together!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the both of you on a great first day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy Maddie had a great day at school. Looks like she had a good report on her first day. I just knew she would. Just like her parents.
    Love Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I glad that Maddie, Mom & Dad had a great first day. I can't believe Mom had the time and energy to blog,that is very impressive! Great first day!

    Love,
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete