Friday, November 26, 2010

Madeline's First...

Thanksgiving!!!

As I write this, I'm drinking a cup of tea with a left-over piece of pumpkin cheesecake.  Life is good.  Turkey and gravy and mashed potatoes, oh my!

We went to my parents' house for the day as we usually do.  We ate delicious food and drank some good wine.  I wanted to drink ALL the wine, but since I'm now responsible for the safety and well-being of a mini human, I figured that wouldn't be a good move.  I made up for my lack of wine by eating more gravy.  All was well.

Madeline was a good girl.  She slept right through dinner so Mumma and Dada could eat.  Smart lady.

We had fun talking about what her Thanksgiving will be like next year.  Next year, dinner will not be so peaceful because she'll be mobile.  She'll be chasing the cat and pulling on the tablecloth.  She'll also be able to eat her first Thanksgiving meal.  She'll be gnawing on a turkey leg and covered in squash.  Eric suggested we dress her in a plastic bag next year.

 Bonus?  Madeline went right to bed at 8:30 last night and slept for over twelve hours.  She only woke up once in the night to eat and fell promptly back to sleep.  I think she was all turkey-ed out.


No comments:

Post a Comment