Friday, November 19, 2010

Just Call Me June...

...Cleaver, that is.

Yesterday, I felt on my game as a (temporary) stay-at-home mom.

We went on errands, I cleaned the kitchen, I managed to get dressed!, I cloth diapered, the baby took naps in her crib, we danced, and I made muffins.  Freakin' Martha Stewart muffins people!  And, they turned out pretty damn good.  Plus, when Eric got home from lessons last night, I had dinner waiting for him.  It wasn't even the microwavable kind of dinner.  (Of course, I ended up leaving the kitchen messier than it started, and I never did get around to folding laundry...but we'll just ignore that part.)

Best part?  Madeline was a very happy baby yesterday.  She even helped me sugar coat my muffins.

She was a happy baby, that is, until it was time for bed....it was Thursday after all.

I brought her to our room around eight fully planning on coming back out to hang out with Eric after she had fallen asleep.  Instead, I ended up rocking her until after midnight at which point she passed out after five hours of epic, baby sadness.

My June Cleaver bubble burst.  No high heels and pearl necklaces for me!

Martha Stewart Muffins People!
Madeline Helps Me Bake

No comments:

Post a Comment