In my experiences, I've found that are two kinds of people. There are the people who love dressing baby girls in pink because it's adorable and sweet. Then, there are the kind of people who reject everything pink because they feel it represents the subjection of the female species.
Luckily, I embrace pink girlishness hardcore. Pink (as Shelby from Steel Magnolia's would say) is my signature color. Growing up, people always told me that I couldn't wear pink because it would clash with my red hair. Well, somewhere in my late teen years I finally stopped listening to this advice, and you know what? I look damn good in pink. It brings out the undertones in my otherwise transparent skin.
Now that I've spawned another redhead, thus doing my part to prevent the inevitable demise of our species, my girl will wear pink proudly!
For those of you who love pink as much as I do, a list of all things pink and lovely.
- Pink Sunsets
- Pink Roses
- Cotton Candy
- Pink Lemonade
- Jem's Hair (It's truly, truly, truly outrageous!)
- Glinda the Good Witch
- The movie Pretty in Pink
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Barbie's Dream House and Corvette
- Dizzy's Tongue
- Pepto-Bismol (I realize that Pepto-Bismol may at first seem gross, but since it makes you feel better, it makes the good list.)
- The Pink Ladies
For those of you who reject pink, a list of all things pink and...not so lovely:
1. Undercooked chicken
2. Grapefruit juice
3. Rush Limbaugh's Face
4. The Energizer Bunny
5. The Pink Panther
6. Molly Reinwald's prom dress in Pretty in Pink (Seriously, she takes an awesome vintage 50's dress and turns it into some 80s monstrosity.)
7. Pink Eye
8. Pink Belly
9. Pink Poodles
10. Victoria's Secrets Pink (Yea, just what we need V.S, a bunch of twelve-year-old tarts with the word PINK emblazoned across their rear ends. Plus, now I have the added embarrassment of running into students while shopping for ridiculously large undergarments.)