What We Now Know About Madeline:
1. She's surpassed her birth weight. As of last Friday, she weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz.
2. She's outgrown her littlest onesies already, but is still too small for the majority of her clothes.
3. She communicates through a series of grunts and growls. If I didn't know better, I would assume she was being raised by wolves.
4. She always seems so serious. We've decided that she has an old soul.
5. Her poops are not as smelly as they used to be. (Or maybe we're just getting used to it?)
6. She has one good fussy period a day where she can't get comfortable and cries to eat even though she may have just eaten two minutes earlier.
7. She's a good sleeper (knock on wood.) She wakes up three times during the night to eat, but then usually goes right back to sleep.
8. She lost her umbilical cord stump!
9. She likes to curl up against the side of the bassinet when she's sleeping. It doesn't matter where we place her, that's where she ends up.
10. She does not like sponge baths...the jury is still out on air baths. We haven't tried a bath bath yet.
11. She's changing before our very eyes. She looks like a completely different baby than she did two weeks ago. I guess what everyone says about children growing up so fast is true.
|Madeline on her birthday|
|Madeline two weeks later|