We've learned how to dress, bathe, and diaper her. We've learned how to get her wide awake for feedings, and how to soothe her to sleep when she cries. We've taken her to the doctor, for walks, to the store, and even out to lunch!
Most of all, we've been getting to know our little girl.
What we now know about Madeline
- She has strawberry red hair. (Although sometimes it looks more blonde or even brown.)
- She keeps her hands on her face when she's eating.
- She makes little cooing noises and high-pitched squeals.
- She looks like her daddy.
- She has jaundice, but she's getting better.
- She sleeps A LOT...except between midnight and 4 am when she refuses to sleep at all.
- She has blue eyes.
- She likes to go for rides in her car seat.
- No matter how many times you place her on her back, she will end up on her side.
- She makes lots of funny faces.
- She has really smelly poops.
- Two to three times a day she will become very alert and spend a long time looking around the room.
- She does ballet dancer poses where she very gracefully lifts one arm above her head while pointing her toes.
- When you take her out in public, you become an instant celebrity because everyone wants to meet her.