Friday, August 20, 2010

Week 33

It's week 33 and baby is chilling out, maxing, and relaxing all cool.

We had another doctor's appointment this week since we're starting to go more frequently again. She discussed labor options with us which was a huge reality check. While our due date is still seven weeks away, they tell you to start looking for labor signs at 37 weeks when baby is considered full term...that's only three weeks away! I've started making a list of things we still need to take care of before she's here. It won't be too long now!

The doctor said she thinks baby is head down again. That's good because she's starting to get very cramped in there, and pretty soon she'll be stuck in whatever direction she's facing.

The doctor told us this funny story about how she ended up doing a C-section on a woman whose baby was breech, but they didn't know that the baby was breech at the time. She said she reached in only to find no head to grab on to. The first thought that went through her mind was, "Oh my God, the baby has no head! It's one of those babies who has no head! How am I going to tell the parents that their baby has no head?!" Then she very quickly realized that they had done ultrasounds, and of course, if there hadn't been a head, they would have noticed. I'm not sure if that story was meant to give me confidence in the medical community...but it was interesting none the less.

Baby's movements are strong and different from what they used to be. I don't feel as many kicks now, but I will feel a huge baby body lump digging into my ribs, or into my side, or even into my back. It's strange because I won't feel her move around in my belly; she'll just all of a sudden be there. It's like she's teleporting from one corner of my uterus to the other. Bam! Baby lump in my ribs! Bam! Baby lump in my left side! Bam! Baby lump in my lower abdomen! It's hard to explain. When she does kick, the kicks are much stronger, and I can feel little feet poking through my skin.

Also, the summer is winding down, and school will be starting soon. Eric helped me set up my new room this week since moving boxes myself was clearly out of the question. I think going back to work is going to be a major shock to my system. I've been lucky to have these last few months off. Hopefully I'll make it to October 1...

No comments:

Post a Comment