Friday, August 6, 2010

Baby's Armoire

I decided to take a risk and decoupage baby's armoire yesterday. It turned out well, so I'm glad I did it. There were a few hours where I could see all the glue streaks, and I was really worried that I'd made a terrible mistake. Luckily, as the glue dried, the streaks faded, and now it looks much better!

Since we can't paint our white and brick-colored apartment, I'm trying to add in color wherever I can. The armoire was quite plain before. Now, it's a little more interesting.




The armoire is from Ikea. I changed the plain white doorknobs with a set of light blue ones I had purchased at Antrhopologie a few years ago but never used. I love the doorknobs because they match our blue crib perfectly.

I cut the tree branches, leaves and birds out of colorful card stock I had left over from making my butterfly mobile. On the opposite wall, we have a tree decal that we put up when we were getting Ellis' room ready two years ago.



I looked at the decal while cutting out the tree branches and leaves so that they'd be similar in design. I basically would cut one piece, tape it to the dresser, see if it looked okay and then add another piece. I made some pink flowerers too, but they didn't look good to me so they were ditched.

The two little birds are a pattern from Martha Stewart's website. (I love you Martha, you crazy jail bird, you.)



There you have it! Now baby has a cute little armoire to keep all her clothes in. As you can see, I've started filling it with clothes already!

No comments:

Post a Comment