Friday, July 9, 2010

Embarrassing Moment Number 42

This afternoon a gust of wind blew my skirt up revealing....well, a lot more than I would like to reveal to anyone outside of the delivery room...and some guy on the street whistled at me!

Who the hell whistles at a fat pregnant lady who has obviously just been publicly humiliated? A guy standing outside the China Ruby restaurant wearing a wife-beater at 1 PM on a Friday afternoon, that's who!

(I've included a visual so you can get a better picture of what this all looked like.)


My face turned just as pink as my disobedient skirt. I think this was even worse than being heckled by the Walgreens Lady.

On a more positive note, the reason I was walking down said street was because I went to several baby consignment stores in the area today, and they were all awesome!

I went to Noah's Ark in Littleton, Buttons and Bows in Acton, and Kid to Kid in Natick. I tried to go to Baby B's in Maynard, but they went out of business :( To add insult to injury, that is also where the whistle heard round the world occurred.

The stores had really high-end stuff at really, really good prices. I'm pretty sure half of the clothes there had never even been worn. I had to resist buying every adorable outfit I saw since baby doesn't need twenty sun dresses...especially since she'll be born in October. But, I'll definitely go back with baby after I meet her and have a better feel for her fashion sense.

As it is, I bought five items of clothing for about $25....and that included my $13 splurge for a sweater from Janie and Jack with the tag still on it.



Good deal! Baby consignment stores are the way to go!

5 comments:

  1. I love the Winnie the Pooh! Maybe I'll wear a onesie for Halloween with Winnie the Pooh mittens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's another one in Dracut... not sure what it's called but it's in the mill building with my eye doctors - Beaver Brook Village on Mill Street.
    There's also a Mother & Child in North Nashua - if you take Route 3 to exit 8, go right and drive north a couple miles, it's on the left side of the road across from Wendy's, CVS and a car dealership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Summer! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! My mom has a similar story of when she was pregnant with me- she was walking down the street and the wind blew her dress up over her head! Ahh! So embarrassing. And yet- you will probably be able to laugh about it for years. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, at least I got a funny story out of it. Jena, thanks for the suggestions...i' ll have to check those places out too! Amy, you should wear a onesie, but you should not leave the house while you're wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Note to Amy: if you show up at our door on Halloween in a onesie, with or without mittens, we will give you TWO FULL SIZE SNICKERS!
    Funny blog once again, Summer! ; > )
    Mom

    ReplyDelete